Chia Pudding – Coconut, Mango & Honey
Chia doesn’t taste of all that much, but thats why its so versatile. You can pretty much add it to anything… Make this Coconut Mango Chia Pudding the night before so when you get up all you have to do is grab a spoon and consume.
Makes 2 puddings
100g chia seeds
500ml coconut milk
2 tsp honey, preferably manuka
1 large mango
25g coconut shavings
1. Blend 3/4 of the mango with 50ml milk. Slice the other 1/4 into chunks.
2. Mix the chia seeds with all the remaining milk. separate into 2 bowls.
3. In one of the bowls mix in 2 tbsps of the mango puree and the honey.
4. Leave both bowls in the fridge to cool, around 15 mins.
5. Now prepare the pudding as you wish. This one went as follows…a layer of plain chia pudding, a scatter of coconut shavings, a layer of mango chia pudding, another scatter of coconut shavings, and finally the mango puree and mango chunks… with another scatter of coconut shavings! The best part of preparing chia puddings is playing with the design.
6. Leave in fridge until ready to serve.