Chicken Breast stuffed with Red Pepper & Basil
Quick, light and packed full of flavour – this stuffed chicken breast recipe is perfect for a weekday meal or dinner party.
1 red pepper (thinly sliced sideways)
2 shallots (finely chopped)
1 tbsp olive oil
A handful of fresh basil (finely chopped)
2 chicken breasts
Half a glass of white wine
Salt & pepper for seasoning
1. Beat the chicken breasts until flattened
2. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and add the shallots and red pepper. Add the basil after a couple of minutes. Fry until softened.
3. Lay out the flat chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper.
4. Add the fried red peppers, basil and shallots on top of the chicken breasts and individually roll each one up. Tie up with a little string so that they are well secured.
5. Add the chicken breasts to the same frying pan which you used to fry the peppers and shallots and lightly seal them. Season with a little more salt and pepper if you wish.
6. After a couple of minutes add the wine to the frying pan. Leave them to simmer for 5 -10 minutes.
7. After the majority of the wine has evaporated, add the butter to the frying pan. Shake the breasts around a bit in the pan and then cover with foil. Leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Take out of the pan and slice the chicken into pieces around 1.5cm thick. Drizzle the juices from the pan over the chicken. Serve with some fresh green vegetables.