Chocolate Tiffin with Ginger & Pistachio
Chocolate Tiffin with Ginger and Pistachio: This is like most standard tiffin recipes. Simple (and definitely not a healthy alternative). Our version uses Ginger biscuits, pistachio and hazelnuts.
Makes 2 loaf tins worth (16 slices)
300g ginger snap biscuits
100g digestive biscuits
75g cocoa powder
1 tsp ground ginger
100g soft brown sugar
100g golden syrup
100g dark chocolate
100g milk chocolate
100g white chocolate
100g pistachios, finely chopped
25g hazelnuts, chopped
1. Line your tin with baking paper (I find 2 loaf tins work best).
2. Crush the biscuits. The ginger snaps can be very fine (you may need a blender to do this) and the digestives can be lightly crushed.
3. In a bowl, mix the biscuits with the cocoa and ginger.
4. In a pan, heat the butter, sugar and golden syrup. Once the butter has fully melted, add to the biscuits. Mix until well combined.
5. Add the mixture to your prepared tins. Press firmly into the bottom of the tin and leave in the fridge to set.
6. Break the chocolate into chunks. Heat the milk and dark (together). I put it into the microwave for 1 min, making sure to stir every 15 seconds.
7. Take the tins out of the fridge, pour over the chocolate until the surface is completely covered.
8. Repeat with the white chocolate – then pour over the milk chocolate. You will find this doesn’t cover the entire surface so just scatter until its all used up. You can use a fork to even it all out.
9. Sprinkle the hazelnuts evenly over the chocolate.
10. Now sprinkle the pistachios until the entire surface is covered (it will be very green!)
11. Put in the fridge. It will take at least 1 hour to fully set.
12. Slice into chunks.