Courgetti Recipe with Tomato, Chilli & Garlic
Courgetti is a brilliant alternative to pasta – it’s nutritional and extremely low in calorie! I’ve used the OXO handheld spiralizer for this courgetti recipe, it’s really easy and quick to use and small which means it takes up no space in your kitchen. You can get it from John Lewis for £15.
This recipe is super simple and cheap to make.
1 courgette, sprialized (1 per person needed approximately)
200g fresh cherry tomatoes (chopped)
1 clove of garlic
1 red chilli
2 tbsp olive oil
Grated Parmesan to serve (optional)
Salt & Pepper for seasoning.
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the garlic and chilli. Take care not to burn the garlic, keep the heat medium to low.
2. Add the tomatoes and cook for a couple of minutes and then turn the pan to simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Whilst the sauce is simmering, boil a pan of water. Add the courgetti noodles and boil for 2-3 minutes.
4. Drain the courgetti and add to the frying pan containing the sauce. Fry on a medium/low heat for 1 minute max.
5. Serve and sprinkle with parmesan