Crust-less Quinoa Quiche
This really is a power lunch – a quiche loaded with one of the most protein rich foods we can eat, Quinoa. Combined with Spinach, Eggs and Ricotta, its packed full of flavour and thats without the added carbs from a regular quiche crust.
300g fresh spinach
1 lemon, just the juice
Black Pepper for seasoning
3 tbsp olive oil
2 eggs plus 2 egg whites
350g ricotta cheese
100g natural yoghurt
30g Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees and line a loaf tin.
2. Bring quinoa to the boil with all the water for 15 mins.
3. Steam spinach for 5mins, then put aside. Slice through a few times so the spinach is in smaller pieces.
4. In bowl, thoroughly mix together quinoa, lemon, spinach and generous grind of black pepper.
…followed by the olive oil, yoghurt and eggs.
5. Loosely mix in the ricotta. It is okay its not completely combined as it just adds to the Quiche’s texture.
6. Transfer to loaf tin and cover the top with grated parmesan cheese.
7. Cook in oven for 35 mins.