Goats Cheese, Caramelised Onion & Pepper Omelette
Low on time + Empty(ish) cupboards usually only point to one thing…omelette anyone?
This Goats Cheese, Caramelised Onion & Pepper Omelette is so much more than an omelette. It’s fluffy and jam packed with yumminess.
2 chunks butter
3-4 small peppers (yellow and/or orange)
3 eggs (3 whites, 2 yolks)
2 tsp sugar
100g goat’s cheese
Half a lemon
1. Place a frying pan over a medium heat and add a chunk of butter.
2. Add the onions (thinly sliced) and peppers (sliced into chunks) to the pan. Keep the onions and peppers separate as you will need to remove the peppers first.
3. Meanwhile whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
4. Once the peppers have softened, remove from pan and put aside.
5. Add the sugar and honey to the onions and mix until they go a golden colour, they will feel like they are coated in jam. Remove from pan and put aside.
6. Gently mix the egg yolks into the whites.
7. Add the other chunk of butter to a clean frying pan, over a high heat. Once melted pour in the egg.
8. Add the onions, peppers and cheese to the egg. After 5 mins, remove from the heat and put the pan under the grill. Grill until the top of the egg is cooked.
9. Drizzle with a generous squeeze of lemon juice.