Homemade Muesli Recipe: I love to make homemade Muesli. Almost every Muesli I find in the shops has an ingredient inside which I don’t like. Making it yourself gives you full control and you can make it exactly how you like it. cBy making Muesli yourself, you also know exactly what’s inside – no hidden sugar or preservatives.
This recipe makes A LOT of muesli. I like to make it in a large batch and keep it in an upright tupperware so it lasts all month.
500g jumbo rolled oats
300g rye flakes
100g puffed amaranth
100g milled flax seed
4 tsp ground cinnamon
100g sunflower seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees.
2. Place the nuts into a food processor and smash them up a bit.
2. Put the almonds, pecans, seeds onto a baking tray and cover with honey. It’s up to you how much you add, but this is the only sweetener in this muesli recipe so it depends how sweet you like it.
3. Place the seeds and nuts in the oven and leave for 15-20 minutes.
4. Once cooled, take the nuts and seeds off the tray. You may need to smash them up a bit as they’ll be stuck together.
5. Place all the ingredients into a bowl and mix together.
6. Store in a tupperware.