Milan Restaurants: Top 5 Restaurants
The listed restaurants are, in my opinion, some of the best places to go to eat in Milan – one of the world’s most fashionable cities.
1. Trattoria Dei Cacciatori, Via Trieste 2, Peschiera Borromeo Milan, http://www.trattoriacacciatori.it/
Trattoria Dei Cacciatori Restaurant is 20 minutes from the centre of Milan, near Milan Linate airport. It’s definitely worth the trip out of town. Trattoria Dei Cacciatori is a friendly family-run restaurant, in an old farmhouse-style building with an impressive courtyard. My favourite pasta dish is the maccheroni with sausage. The best time to visit is during truffle season (Oct-December), where you can try the truffle-special menus. It also has private dining rooms which you can reserve for a special occasion or a big family lunch.
2. La terza carbonaia, Via Scipioni, 3 a Milan, http://www.terzacarbonaia.it/
Many restaurants in Milan offer a sliced steak, called tagliata, essentially a nice thick piece of beef that is grilled, then carved. It’s a specialty from the region and has to be tasted. My favourite dish has to be Tagliata with Porcini.
La Terza Carbonaia is amazing for meat generally. It’s relatively central and very reasonable in cost.
3. Cantina della vetra, Milano Via Pio IV, 3 ang. Piazza Vetra, Milan http://www.cantinadellavetra.it/
This place is great for real Italian hearty food. It’s bang in the middle of the Milan nightlife area and is surrounded by vibrant bars for after dinner. This restaurant is perfect to go before a night-out with friends.
4. Il Salumaio, via S. Spirito, 10 / via Gesù, 5 – 20121, Milan, http://www.ilsalumaiodimontenapoleone.it/
Il Salumaio is expensive, but it’s worth it for the incredible setting and vibrant atmosphere. The food is amazing and it’s brilliant for celeb spotting.
5. Juleps, Via Evangelista Torricelli 21, 20140, Milan, http://www.julepsmilano.com/
Juleps is a stylish American restaurant with a lively atmosphere. Perfect if you want a break from all things beginning with the letter P…Pasta, Pizza and Pannacotta. Whats more, the food is great.