Orange & Yogurt Loaf Cake
Orange loaf cake is a loaf not to be overlooked. It has quickly become one of my favourites – especially when making it with Yogurt. It gives it a creamy, melt-in-the-mouth sponginess that, combined with the refreshing orange flavour, won’t ever let you down. No butter is used in this one so it does regain some brownie points…
3 oranges – just the juice plus the zest of 1 orange
160ml olive oil
300g plain yogurt
1 tsp baking powder
150g dark chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease a loaf tin.
2. Mix together all the orange with the sugar, before whisking in the oil, eggs and yogurt. Once everything is combined, whisk in the flour and baking powder.
3. Pour mixture into your loaf tin and cook for 1 hour. Once cooked a skewer should come out clean – if not just put back in the oven and test again.
4. For the chocolate top, melt the chocolate. I just use the microwave for this and I find the trick is to go very steady, stirring well after every 15 seconds.
5. Drizzle the chocolate over the loaf. If you want to get elegant lines, simply pour chocolate into a food bag and cut a small hold in one corner. Squeeze through the bag onto the loaf.