Popular in the USA, Blondies are very similar to Brownies, without the chocolate. The caramel flavours and brownie-like texture are prove popular with everyone – these Pecan Blondies are perfect to share with family and friends. I was given this recipe by Kerry Beal on the eGullet forums – it’s so simple, quick and the results are delicious! They were eaten down in no time!
Makes approximately 10-12 Blondies
300g soft light brown sugar
115g softened butter
300g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 140 degrees
2. Mix together the softened butter and sugar.
3. Add in the rest of the ingredients
4. Grease a dish (a good size here is 8×8 inches) and evenly poor in the mixture.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn the oven off and leave in for a further 20 minutes. When ready the Blondies are meant to see a little undercooked – kind of sticky and dense.
6. Leave to cool and then cut into small squares. Serve.