Pistachio and White Chocolate Cheesecake
This Pistachio White Chocolate Cheesecake is my all time favourite cheesecake. Need I say more.
For the base:
100g ginger biscuits
200g digestive biscuits
150g butter, melted
For the white chocolate cheesecake:
400g cream cheese
100g caster sugar
200g white chocolate
200ml sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the top:
150ml sour cream
100g white chocolate
1. Pre-heat oven to 160C, grease and line an 8×8 inch baking tin (best using one with a removable bottom).
2. Make the base. Blend together biscuits and pistachios with the melted butter then press mixture firmly into the base of the prepared tin. Leave to set in fridge whilst you make the cheesecake.
3. Blend together cream cheese with the sugar, then, whilst still mixing, slowly add the eggs.
4. Break chocolate into pieces and microwave on full power for 30 seconds. Mix chocolate until all has melted, then immediately stir in sour cream. Add this to the cheese mixture until all is combined.
5. Pour this evenly over biscuit base.
6. Place in centre of oven for 1 hour, or until top becomes a light golden colour.
7. Leave cheesecake in tin for 20 mins then leave until completely cooled.
8. Prepare the topping. Melt chocolate in microwave and, like step 4, stir in the sour cream.
9. Blend together pistachios so that they form small grainy pieces.
10. Spread white chocolate mixture evenly onto top of cheesecake, then completely coat with the pistachios.