Raspberry White Chocolate Cheesecake
Raspberry White Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe: This Raspberry & white chocolate cheesecake is the perfect summer dessert. Be careful – it’s seriously addictive!
For the base:
100g ginger biscuits
200g digestive biscuits
150g butter, melted
For the white chocolate cheesecake:
400g cream cheese
100g caster sugar
200g white chocolate (My fav is Green & Blacks)
200ml sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the top:
200ml sour cream
150g white chocolate
35g caster sugar
1. Pre-heat oven to 160C, grease and line an 8×8 inch baking tin (best using one with a removable bottom).
2. Make the base. Blend together biscuits with the melted butter then press mixture firmly into the base of the prepared tin. Leave to set in fridge whilst you make the cheesecake.
3. Blend together cream cheese with the sugar, then, whilst still mixing, slowly add the eggs.
4. Break chocolate into pieces and microwave on full power for 30 seconds (or melt over steaming water). Mix chocolate until all has melted, then immediately stir in sour cream. Add this to the cheese mixture until all is combined. Make sure that you don’t over cook the chocolate, as soon as it’s melted add it to the cream.
5. Pour this evenly over biscuit base.
6. Place in centre of oven for 1 hour, or until top becomes a light golden colour. Leave cheesecake in tin for 20 mins then leave until completely cooled.
7. Prepare the topping. Melt chocolate and, like step 4, stir in the sour cream.
8. Spread white chocolate mixture evenly onto top of cheesecake. The cheesecake must be cool before you do this!
9. Add two-thirds of raspberries to the top of the cheesecake.
10. Quickly blitz together the raspberries with the sugar and then put the blend through a sieve, so that your left with a smooth raspberry coulis.
11. Add the coulis to the top of the cheesecake and leave in the fridge to set. If you’re not eating the cheesecake until the next day, it’s best to add the raspberries and coulis shortly before serving.