Raw Cacao, Beetroot & Pecan Brownies
Raw Cacao, Beetoot & Pecan Brownies : These brownies are gluten, sugar & most of all guilt-free! They are jam-packed with antioxidants and contain no nasty hidden ingredients. What’s more, they taste so good that everyone will enjoy them.
Makes 9-12 brownies
A pinch of salt
100g steamed beetroot
100g gluten-free flour
50g raw cacao
1tsp of baking powder
1tsp of vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a square/rectangular baking tray.
2. Mix together the honey, vanilla extract and 3 eggs with a pinch of salt.
3. Sieve the flour, cacao and baking powder then add to the mix. Stir well.
4. Blend down the cooked beetroot, and add to the mix.
5. Stir in the pecans and smash them down a bit if you like.
6. Pour the mix into the lined baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven. Once cooled, cut the brownie into pieces. If you wish, glaze with a little honey and sprinkle with some raw cacao. Serve.