Roasted Hazelnut & Avocado Salad
Roasting the hazelnuts really makes the difference in this salad; it’s a perfect nutty match for the softness of the avocado.
Serves 4 (as a side). Total cook time 30m mins.
1 bag of salad leaves
200g Whole hazelnuts
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Spread the hazelnuts over a baking sheet on a baking tray.
3. Place the nuts into the oven and roast for 15 mins. Keep an eye though as once they turn a golden colour they will be ready, cooking them any longer could result in a bitter taste.
4. Peel and slice the avocados.
5. Empty washed salad leaves into your serving bowl, along with the avocado.
6. In a separate bowl, whisk the olive oil until it becomes fluffy, then add this to the salad.
7. Gently toss the salad until all is evenly dispersed.
8. When the nuts are ready and slightly cooled, roughly chop them before sprinkling over the salad.