Salmon & Green Salsa Canapes
These are one of my favorite Canapés. Mouth-watering seared salmon on a smooth bed of green avocado salsa, topped with a tantalizing salsa verde. Just be careful as once you’ve had one you may not want to stop – make more than you think you need! Sear the salmon just before serving as its better the fresher its seared.
Makes 12 canapés
5 mini gherkins
1 tbsp. capers
Large handful of mint
Large handful of parsley
2 large handfuls of basil
1 garlic clove
1 lime, juice
3 tbsp. olive oil
Pinch salt and pepper
12 mini toast breads (you can really use what you want here)
1. Chop the gherkins, capers, all the herbs and garlic as finely as you can.
2. Transfer to a bowl and add the oil, salt, pepper and lime juice. Mix well.
3. Separate the mixture into 2 bowls.
4. In one of the bowls mix in the avocado.
5. Spread the avocado mixture finely over the toast breads.
6. Slice the salmon into nigiri sushi sized pieces.
7. Just before you are ready to serve, it’s time to sear the salmon and dress with the salsa. Line the salmon pieces on a fire-proof dish (I just use my frying pan). Sear the tops and bottoms until the edges look cooked.
8. Place a piece of salmon on each toast, followed by a spoonful of salsa.