Spiced Lemon Chicken Rice
Spiced Lemon Chicken Rice Recipe: I love meals that are all made in one pan. I usually make this with chicken leftovers and homemade stock (but its not essential!). The spice mainly comes from the turmeric, which isn’t that hot, so if you fancied more of a kick just add in a sliced chilli.
1 knob of butter
1 1/2 tsp turmeric
1 onion, blended (or very finely sliced)
1 lemon, juice and zest
2 cups wholegrain rice
2 handfuls kale
2 pints chicken stock
Salt and pepper
300g chicken, cooked and shredded (I’ve used both breast and leg but use as you prefer)
1 handful fresh mint, chopped
1 handful fresh parsley, chopped
1 lemon (halved and grilled for 10 mins)
Leave some parsley/mint!
1. In a wide, deep pan, melt the butter over a medium heat. Once melted, mix in the turmeric and stir for 2-3 mins.
2. Mix in the blended onion, half the lemon juice and zest.
3. Mix in the rice. Once all the grains are coated add in the stock.
4. Bring to the boil and leave to simmer over a medium heat for 30mins.
5. Now cover the rice with the Kale and simmer for a further 10 mins.
6. Combine the rice and kale and add in a generous pinch of salt and pepper
7. Mix in the shredded chicken and most of the parsley and mint.
8. To serve, dollop in the yoghurt, throw in the remaining mint/parsley and add the halved lemons.