Strawberry Tiramisu Recipe: Everyone loves a good tiramisu. This strawberry variation makes a delicious summer desssert! You’ll need a deep dish for this, preferably clear so you can see the layers. Alternatively, you can make some nice mini ones in clear glasses. Like other Tiramisu recipes, it’s best to make this Strawberry Tiramisu the night before serving – this gives it time for the biscuits to really soak up all of the flavours.
800g fresh strawberries (300g of the strawberries to be juiced)
200g Italian Pavesini biscuits (Savoiardi will do if you cannot get hold of the Pavesini)
250ml whipping cream
110g caster sugar
4 egg yolks
1 orange (juiced)
1. Cut 500g of the strawberries into quarters into a bowl. Put aside into the fridge.
2. Juice the strawberries and orange. I use a juicer to do this, however if you don’t have one you can juice by hand. Do this by squeezing the orange, and pushing the strawberries through a sieve. Leave the Mix together and leave in a bowl.
3. Whisk the eggs together with the sugar in a large bowl for about 5 minutes until they’re light and fluffy.
4. Add the mascarpone to the eggs and sugar and mix together until smooth. Put aside.
5. Whip up the whipping cream until it forms stiff peaks. Gently mix into the mascarpone mixture. Set aside.
6. Now it’s time to start layering up the tiramisu. Start, by dipping the Pavesini biscuits in the fruit juice for 1-2 seconds. And layer onto the bottom of the dish.
7. Now add half of the cut strawberries on top of the Pavesini.
8. Layer half of the mascarpone mixture on top.
9. Repeat steps 6, 7 & 8 on top of the layer you’ve just created.
10. Cover with some cling film and leave the strawberry tiramisu in the fridge until you’re ready to serve!