Sweet Potato, Hazelnut, Apple & Mint Kale Salad
One of my favourite salad combinations: Paprika and honey roasted sweet potato, tossed amongst apples, chopped hazelnuts and Kale, drizzled with a honey and paprika vinaigrette dressing. Pop in a lunch box for work the next day.
For the salad:
1 small/medium sweet potato
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp honey
2 tsp paprika
2 bunches kale
Large handful fresh mint
50g chopped hazelnuts
For the dressing:
1 tsp paprika
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Prepare the sweet potato glaze. In a large bowel, mix together the honey, paprika and olive oil.
3. Chop the sweet potato into bite-sized chunks and add to the bowl. Mix until the potatoes are evenly covered with the glaze.
4. Add the potatoes to a baking tray and cook in the oven for 45 mins.
5. Slice the kale and apples and add to the serving bowl with the hazelnuts and mint (leave some nuts and mint for final garnish).
6. Prepare the dressing. Mix together all the dressing ingredients and add half to the salad. Toss well.
7. Add the sweet potato and drizzle over the remaining salad dressing. Garnish with the remaining hazelnuts and mint.