Sweetcorn Fritters Recipe: These sweetcorn fritters are delicious and go well with a salsa or guacamole (or maple syrup…) I often freeze a batch for a lazy Sunday brunch.
Makes 10 Sweetcorn Fritters
1tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp turmeric
1 small chilli, finely sliced
handful of chives, finely sliced (leave some for garnish)
400g sweetcorn, frozen or raw
1. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, pepper and turmeric.
2. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and crack in the eggs. Combine until everything has blended.
3. Now mix in everything else.
4. Add 1/4 of the butter to a shallow pan and leave on a medium heat. Now you are ready to make the fritters.
5. Add the mixture to the pan in whatever size you want, but I find its best to flatten them out once in the pan to ensure the batter is cooked throughout. Once ready the fritters should be slightly golden in colour.