Thai-Inspired Chicken Noodle Soup
Fresh, fragrant and wonderfully warming – this soup recipe is absolutely delicious. It’s packed full of fresh vegetables, spices and heat and balanced out with a creamy coconut milk.
150g dried rice vermicelli
1 large carrot (sliced)
3 small bok choi (chopped)
350g chestnut mushrooms (chopped into quarters)
400ml coconut milk
1 finger size piece of ginger (chopped into large pieces)
1 tsp tumeric
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 bunch of coriander
Pinch of salt and pepper
1 red chilli (finely chopped)
500ml chicken stock
2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
350g chicken breast (chopped)
1. Bring the chicken stock to the boil in a large pan.
2. Add the chicken, garlic, carrots, ginger, tumeric, fish sauce, chilli and leave to simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Then add the box choi, mushrooms and coconut milk. Leave to simmer for a further 10 minutes.
4. Add the rice vermicelli to the soup and simmer until cooked through.
5. Spoon the noodles and soup into a bowl. Garnish with coriander and squeeze in the juice of half a lime. Serve.