Turkey Broccoli Bake
Turkey Bake with Broccoli Recipe: Christmas ends – the food definitely doesn’t! Freshen up your leftovers with this Turkey Bake with Broccoli.
Ingredients for the Turkey Bake:
1-2 small bowls of leftover turkey (tear/shred into smaller chunks if not already)
500ml stock (chicken or vegetable)
1 onion, sliced
1 carrot, sliced
1 broccoli, into chucks
25g plain flour
1 tsp cumin
1 tbsp curry powder
2 tbsp plain yoghurt
1 tbsp lemon juice
50g parmesan, grated (save some for garnish)
1. Heat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Bring the stock to the boil and add the onion and carrots, after 3 minutes add the broccoli. Separate the stock from the vegetables and set aside.
3. Heat the butter in a shallow pan, mixing in the flour. Once you have a smooth paste, mix in the cumin and curry powder.
4. Now mix the stock to the pan, bring to the boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Keep stirring.
5. Take off the heat and add the yoghurt, parmesan and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. The sauce should easily fall off a spoon – if too think add in more water.
6. Place all the Turkey and vegetables in an oven dish and completely cover with the sauce. Garnish with more parmesan.
7. Bake for 30 minutes.