Loaded Watermelon Salad
Don’t let summer run away with this ultra refreshing watermelon salad: Combined with feta cheese, roasted pistachios, pomegranate, cucumber, fresh basil and fresh mint. Go all the way and serve with fresh watermelon juice from the leftover melon.
Half a watermelon
100g whole pistachios
1 slab feta cheese, cut into small chunks
1 cucumber, cut into small chunks
A large handful of fresh mint
A large handful of fresh basil
A few drops of olive oil
Juice of 1 lime
Seeds of 1 pomegranate
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees
2. Cut the inside of your watermelon into square chunks – remove these and put aside. If using the watermelon as your serving dish, scrape any remaining watermelon out with a spoon and remove the juice. Too much will make your salad watery.
3. Place pistachios onto an oven tray and roast in the oven for about 3 minutes.
4. Finely chop the mint with the basil, mix with the olive oil and lime juice.
5. Fill the watermelon (or a bowl if preferred) with all the ingredients evenly dispersed.