Mini White Chocolate Raspberry Bread and Butter Pudding Recipe: It’s not the healthiest. But sod it. This is one of the most popular desserts I’ve ever served and it’s a winner every time. It’s easy to prepare and is best made the day before, meaning you can just put it straight into the oven whenever you’re ready to go.
300ml whole milk
300ml double cream
1 vanilla pod, split with seeds scraped out
100g white chocolate
4 large egg yolks
100g caster sugar
10 slices of thick white bread
Butter, for buttering the bread.
You’ll need 6 mini casserole dishes or large ramekins, I use the Le Creuset ones you can find here.
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees
2. Cut the pieces of bread into small 1/16 triangles.
3. Whisk together the sugar in a mixing bowl and eggs until light and fluffy. Set aside.
4. Gently heat the milk, cream and vanilla pod and bring to a simmer.
5. Add the white chocolate and stir gently until it’s melted.
6. Pour the hot milk, cream & chocolate mixture over the eggs in the bowl. Mix together and then return the mixture to the pan. Stir continuously until thickened.
7. Dip each piece of bread into the custard mixture and arrange into the ramekins. Add 4-5 rapsberries to each ramekin amongst the bread.
8. Put the puddings into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Keep an eye on them and remove when golden.
9. Serve, they’re great with vanilla ice cream!
Try other related recipes: